Total Pageviews

Monday 11 June 2018

JOHN WAYNE: 26 MAY 1907 - 11 JUNE 1979

Today in 1979, we lost John Wayne. Here's a few movie memories.



Stagecoach,
as the Ringo Kid: 
‘You may need me and this Winchester, Curly. Saw a ranch house burnin’ last night.’


Fort Apache,
as Captain Kirby Yorke:
‘Colonel Thursday, I gave my word to Cochise. No man is gonna make a liar out of me, sir.’



Red River,
as Thomas Dunson:
‘Cherry was right. You’re soft. You should have let them kill me, ‘cause I’m gonna kill you. I’ll catch up with ya. I don’t know when, but I’ll catch up. Every time you turn around, expect to see me, ‘cause one time you’ll turn around and I’ll be there. I’m gonna kill ya, Matt.’


She Wore A Yellow Ribbon,
as Captain Nathan Brittles:
‘Never apologise. It’s a sign of weakness.’


The Quiet Man,
as Sean Thornton:
‘There’ll be no locks or bolts between us, Mary Kate, except those in your mercenary little heart.’


The Searchers,
as Ethan Edwards:
‘What do you want me to do? Draw you a picture. Spell it out? Don’t ever ask me. Long as you live, don’t ever ask me more.’


Rio Bravo,
as John T. Chance:
‘Sorry don’t get it done, Dude. That’s the second time you hit me. Don’t ever do it again.’


The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance,
as Tom Doniphon:
‘Pilgrim, hold it. I said you, Valance. You pick it up.’


El Dorado,
as Cole Thornton:
‘I’m lookin’ at a tin star with a drunk pinned on it.’


True Grit,
as Rooster Cogburn:
‘Fill your hand, you son of a bitch.’


Brannigan,
as Lt. Brannigan:
‘Knock, knock.’


The Shootist,
as John Bernard Books:
‘I won’t be wronged. I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.’


No comments:

Post a Comment