Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 June 2018

PERTUSSIS AND OTHER MEDICAL STUFF

I have been looking through my online medical records, accessible via my local health centre.

Two months after I was born, I was given injections mostly (I'm not sure if it was one big cocktail of an injection) to protect against the following. (These are my notes in brackets and not highly defined medical terms!)

Diphtheria (potentially fatal nose, throat and skin infection)

Tetanus (potentially fatal infection in a wound)

Pertussis (whooping cough, respiratory disease)

Polio (infantile paralysis, muscle weakness)

HIB (haemophilus influenza B)

Hepatitis B (infection of the liver)

Pneumococcal (a whole host of ailments)

Rotavirus (diarrhoea, sickness)

Meningitis B (spinal cord and brain)

A month later I was given a second dose of most of those and then a month after that another round of needle fun.

Following that, a year or so later, I was given booster shots for the first four on the list.

One year later, I was given the measles, mumps and rubella vaccination and two years on I got a booster shot.

It all must have worked, touch wood, more than sixty years on, I have been relatively trouble-free in the health department. Drugs, much milk and Farley's Rusks set me on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment