The Pivot Questionnaire comprises 10 questions. I have seen it used on the television show Inside The Actor's Studio, presented by James Lipton.
Apparently, the questions originated on a French TV show called Bouillon de Culture, hosted by Bernard Pivot.
As the Old Year reaches its end and a New Year prepares to dawn, the questions are worthy of reflection, I think. Every time I do this exercise, my answers are almost always different!
Here are my answers. Let me know yours, if you would like to share. Use the comments box below.
Happy New Year one and all
- What is your favourite word? - Nonchalant
- What is your least favourite word? - Atrocity
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? - Memories
- What turns you off? - Hatred
- What is your favourite curse word? - Shit
- What sound or noise do you love? - Acoustic guitar played perfectly
- What sound or noise do you hate? - The news
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? - Radio broadcaster
- What profession would you not like to do? - Surgeon
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? - Do you want the good news or the bad news?