2. What is your least favourite word? ‘Beige.’ Horrible word, horrible colour, horrible people.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Good music, good books, good TV, good films, good comedians. I love discovering new writers and creators who aren’t necessarily doing something different but are doing what they do well. People that are emotionally attached to their work. That inspires me.
4. What turns you off? Reality TV, fake politicians, wannabes, has beens, snobs. I could go on. The latest turn off is these people that call themselves ‘Social Media Influencers’ Fuck away off!
5. What is your favourite song? ‘Thunder Road’ by The Boss. I have 37 different versions of it on a playlist and it still sounds fresh everytime I hear it.
6. What is your favourite film? This is a hard one. I think The Godfather PT 2 is the most perfect film ever made. I love White Heat because it triggered my love of Film and I think Cagney delivers the greatest performance ever to hit the screen. The Big Lebowski I could watch all day everyday and Young Guns because it’s a cruelly underrated masterpiece.
7. What is your favourite curse word? ‘Cuntyballs’ covers all bases.
8. What sound or noise do you love? I love the sound of birds, rivers, wind, trains and football fans singing in unison. I love accents, rain and ice cream vans. I also love silence.
9. What sound or noise do you hate? Static, ringtones, electronic beeps and crying.
10. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’ve always dreamed of being a World Champion at Sports. So at 48 years of age I’m guessing the only way that’s going to happen is if I start playing darts 9 hours a day, 7 days a week then I could be a professional within a year and have the World Championship in the bag before I’m 50. I haven’t given up on that dream just yet. I even have my nickname (Paddy The Pirate) and walk on music (Friggin in The Riggin) sorted.
11. What profession would you not like to do? Politician, Banker, Advertising. Cuntyball Jobs.
12. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? ‘Come on on in Paddy. Atheists are welcome too.’