Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 March 2016

POEMS FOR A PAMPHLET

I've been working on a sequence of 20-line poems loosely on the themes of reading, writing and books, trying to get enough together to submit for consideration as a pamphlet. I'm getting there, I think. I need at least 12.

Here are the titles of the first 11:

A Warning To Writers
An Essay That Mr Sadler Liked
A Poem Learned By Heart
A Letter To The Editor
A Western Novel
A First Bookcase
An Annual Every Christmas
A Primary School Report
A Postcard From A Well-Known Poet
A Library Destroyed By Fire
A Newspaper Hidden Under The Settee Cushion
&
The 12th poem:
A Letter From Liz & Gerry

I keep going over them, reading aloud, checking the rhythms and trying for some rhyme here and there but hoping it doesn't sound forced.

The tinkering and adjusting never really stops until the poems are sent off and even then I'll go over them and wish I'd done this or that in a line.

But, it's fun, and that's the important thing.

Write on!


No comments:

Post a Comment