In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Friday, 27 November 2015

JAMES ELLIS, YES, BERT LYNCH BUT ALSO A SUPERB WRITER!!

I am really looking forward to attending the official launch of actor James Ellis's book on a pivotal moment in Northern Irish theatre history - Troubles Over The Bridge. A publishing story that is a story in itself.

I'll be home in Belfast from 2 - 4 December. The book launch, by Lagan Press, is on 3 November at Queen's University.

I met Jimmy in 2010. We were contributing to a BBC Northern Ireland, Clean Slate TV film on film star Stephen Boyd.  He was very supportive, generous and gracious to me in my project to write a book on Boyd. Of course, I had been aware of his acting CV for years.

Here are some photos of Jimmy.


Me, Jimmy, Mark Garrett, Conor Kilpatrick (Clean Slate TV) at King's Cross Station, 4 July 2010

Me, Jimmy, Davy Kilpatrick, Conor Kilpatrick (Clean Slate TV) at King's Cross Station, 4 July 2010

Jimmy, Davy Kilpatrick (Clean Slate TV) outside the Odeon Cinema, Leicester Square, London, 3 July 2010 - where in the mid-1950s Stephen Boyd was a doorman.


God bless you Jimmy and rest in peace knowing that your story is finally out there.






No comments:

Post a Comment