In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Monday, 26 January 2015

ONLY DROOLS & CORSETS - VALENTINE - MISS UNDERSTOOD

From Only Drools & Corsets (Funny poems and silly stuff about love, Valentine's, etc)

Only Drools & Corsets
TO LOOK INSIDE, PLEASE GO TO AMAZON FOR THE KINDLE VERSION......

FOR THE PAPERBACK, GO TO.....

MISS UNDERSTOOD

She raised her hands
to strangle and throttle:
"So, you think I have
a face like a bottle?"

Oh no, my love,
'twas one of my quips,
you've a face that launched
a thousand ships."

Alas, alack, she stormed out of the room
and I walked the proverbial plank,
our love boat had sprung an embarrassing leak
and I watched as it tragically sank.

No comments:

Post a Comment