In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Tuesday, 20 January 2015

SAID ELVIS TO THE BUTCHER - VALENTINE XXXX

In time for Valentine's Day, a little book of laughs and a few tender moments.

Kindle download link:


Soon in paperback here:

The Cover


Product Details



The Blurb

"Funny poems and silly stuff about love, Valentine's Day & beyond. I was trying to think of a snappy title for this little book. Last year, I published a Christmas amusement called Only Yules & Verses, a slight take on a famous television series title. So, I went back to the pun trough once again. It’s a quirky collection in need of a quirky title. There aren’t many drools in here nor nether-garments, knickers, nor swear words nor anything blatantly offensive – unless the word fart causes distress. Most of this book tries to be funny. The last several pages are a little more thoughtful. I hope you enjoy the selection and share it with those you love." 

A Sample:

UH HU HU

Said Elvis to the butcher:
“I think I’ve had enough,
With these mail order steaks,
They’re always mighty tough.”

Said the butcher in reply:
“Just return to sender
And I’ll make a mental note
that Elvis loves meat tender.”

No comments:

Post a Comment