Total Pageviews

Saturday 26 May 2012

THE BOY FROM U.N.C.L.E

When we were not playing gunslinging cowboys
from the westerns on TV,
we would play secret agents and spies,
my circle of friends and me.


We would take it in turn to be goodies,
we would take it in turn to be bad,
we would tumble, chase, mock-fight and fall,
'course the neighbours thought we were mad.


Playing The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
was one of our favourite games,
I became Napoleon Solo,
always one of my favourite names.


Now an aging autograph hunter,
I wrote off to Robert Vaughn,
my Napoleon Solo hero,
even now, after those years have gone.


Though disappointed, there was no photo,
I should be grateful he answered at all,
he just wrote on my original letter,
less an autograph, more of a scrawl.


They say be wary of meeting your heroes,
and though we never actually met,
there's a bond with Napoleon Solo
this boy from U.N.C.L.E will never forget.








No comments:

Post a Comment