Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 September 2018

FEATURE WRITING IDEAS OCTOBER 2018

Hello.

Here are ideas for October features. Some of them may be in your diary already. Some of them may be added to your diary after reading this. Some features may be written by in-house journalists. But maybe, just maybe, I can write something for you.

Let me know what you want, word count, deadline and fee and I will get to work. 

Here are some ideas and, if I can help, I look forward to hearing from you. If anything else comes up, I'll add to the list.

joecushnan@aol.com

FREELANCE WRITING IDEAS FOR OCTOBER 2018:

1 QVC UK shopping channel launched 25 years ago
2 Gene Autry died at 91 20 years ago. (Whatever happened to singing cowboys?)
3 Rock and roll singer Eddie Cochran was born 80 years ago
11 BBC sports programme Grandstand first broadcast 60 years ago
13 The book, A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond, launched the character 60 years ago
16 Pope John Paul II was the chosen to lead the Catholic Church 40 years ago
16 Ulster politicians David Trimble and John Hume won the Nobel Peace Prize 20 years ago
17 The Steve McQueen fim Bullitt was released in the US 50 years ago
19 Mother Teresa was beatified by Pope John Paul II and given the name Blessed Teresa of Calcutta 15 years ago
28 Poet Ted Hughes died at 68 20 years ago
30 Orson Welles terrified America when The War of the Worlds was broadcast on radio 80 years ago



*********************************************************************************

OPEN FOR WRITING COMMISSIONS 2018/2019

Open for Writing Commissions 2018/2019
JOE CUSHNAN

FREELANCE WRITER/MEDIA CONTRIBUTOR

        joecushnan@aol.com          @JoeCushnan


SELECTED PUBLISHED FEATURES (SAMPLES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST)
Most of my published pieces have appeared as two-page features in the Belfast Telegraph.

On the death of my brother;
On a 1928/29 Belfast tourism guide;
On my mother;
On the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC);
On homelessness and begging;
On my education;
On my runaway father;
On family history;
On the closure of retailer BHS;
On my father;
On actor James Ellis’s short stories;
On the golden age of television;
On singer/songwriter David McWilliams;
On leaving Belfast in 1976
On the actor Sam Kydd
On the singer/songwriter David McWilliams
On the film star Stephen Boyd
On collecting autographs
On the history of the Ulster Hall
On junk mail

SELECTED BOOKS

Retail Confidential (2010) – career retrospective
Much Calamity & The Redundance Kid (2011) – coping with job loss
Stephen Boyd: From Belfast to Hollywood (2013) – the star of Ben-Hur, etc.

MOST RECENT RADIO APPEARANCE

BBC Radio 4 Saturday Live (2018)

BLOG

Link to Dropped The Moon blog: https://droppedthemoon.blogspot.com

I can write seriously or with humour on shops, shoppers and shopping; nostalgia; old Hollywood and television; personal experiences, general lifestyle, and about my hometown, Belfast. I write reviews of non-fiction books.

No comments:

Post a Comment