Total Pageviews

Friday 2 March 2018

A DOZEN QUESTIONS - NO. 21 - SPECIAL GUEST: STEPHEN CLEMENTS




A DOZEN QUESTIONS
(NO.21)

The Pivot Questionnaire comprises 10 questions. I have seen it used on the television show Inside The Actor's Studio, presented by James Lipton. Apparently Proust was the original inspiration. The modern questions originated on a French TV show called Bouillon de Culture, hosted by Bernard Pivot. I have expanded the questions to 12.
  
(For the time being, this idea is restricted to Northern Ireland's creative artists in any field, literature, music, broadcasting, etc. If you are one and are interested in taking part as well as promoting your work, please get in touch via joecushnan@aol.com)

Today's blog post special guest is broadcaster and writer Stephen Clements. 



He co-hosts the Q Radio breakfast show. Here's a link:

http://www.goqradio.com/on-air/q-breakfast-with-stephen-and-cate/


He has written a book, Back In Our Day, and here's a link: 

https://blackstaffpress.com/product/back-in-our-day/



Stephen Clements's Dozen Answers


1. What is your favourite word? Purple. It's a kinda running joke in our family as my 3-year-old son used to practice all the colours and when he got to it, he would pronounce it PORPOLLL.

2. What is your least favourite word? Offended. 
Used way too much by some people who think it’s now fine to be offended by everything. It offends me when people use it. DOH!


3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? 
So cliche and pass the sick bag but my children and my wife. I’m so lucky to have an amazing family and they affect everything I do and say and are my inspiration. Spiritually (as a side note), I’m a firm believer in karma. Not the airy fairy kind but, put simply, be nice to others, and they’ll be nice to you.

4. What turns you off? 
People who portray themselves as ‘victims’ to justify aggression and/or feeling sorry for themselves. 
EVERYONE I know has had absolutely horrible things happen to them and they have all faced the demons head on and dealt with the cards handed them. Me included.

5. What is your favourite song? 
Tough question!! You Can’t Always Get What You Want by the Stones, Man In The Mirror by Jacko, Better Man by Robbie Williams, Lola by the Kinks, Lovely Day by Bill Withers.....the Pulp Fiction soundtrack....the list goes on. Depends on my mood really. 

6. What is your favourite film? 
Se7en. Completely blew my mind.

7. What is your favourite curse word?
F*ck

8. What sound or noise do you love? 
My kids laughing. Sorry, but it’s true.

9. What sound or noise do you hate? 
For radio political reasons I can’t say, but bar that, it’s my alarm clock.


10. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? 
I was an English teacher in S Korea and I LOVED that job, so teaching (although I’ve attempted it!) is something I’d love be to do again maybe some day in some shape or form.Bar that, if ANYTHING goes, I’d love to have been Tom Cruise in Top Gun

11. What profession would you not like to do? 

I think being a traffic warden must be a difficult career choice. I always try and be polite to them as I see them get so much abuse when they literally only are doing their job.

 12. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Your nana, granda, aunt Eileen and aunty Irene can’t wait to see you......fix your hair for my sake......”


Stephen Clements, thank you for your dozen answers to a dozen questions


Previous posts:
Singer/songwriter Mandy Bingham – 17 January 2018
Poet Colin Dardis – 18 January 2018
Writer & Independent Researcher Anne-Marie Quigg – 19 January 2018
Broadcaster Gerry Kelly - 20 January 2018
Writer George Larmour – 22 January 2018
Journalist/writer Geoff Hill – 23 January 2018
Singer/Songwriter Janet Henry - 24 January 2018
Broadcaster Lynette Fay - 25 January 2018
Actor Michael Smiley – 26 January 2018
Singer/songwriter Paddy Nash – 27 January 2018
Singer/songwriter Edelle McMahon – 29 January 2018
Broadcaster Kathy Clugston – 30 January 2018
Singer/songwriter Brigid O’Neill – 31 January 2018
Singer/songwriter Stephen Dunwoody – 1 February 2018
Writer Colin Breen – 2 February 2018
Singer Mairead Healy – 3 February 2018
Harpist/comedian Ursula Burns – 5 February 2018
Actor Charlie Lawson - 6 February 2018
Singer/songwriter Simon Murphy - 7 February 2018
Singer/songwriter Anthony Toner - 8 February


This post has been shared on Digg, Tumblr, Google+, Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment