Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 November 2011

A LIGHT BUFFET Of 4 POEMS

I enjoy some of Spike Milligan's potty poetry and I reckon he influenced my own writing of silly, fun verse. Here are four light poems to brighten a grey, drizzly morning:


LIME ERIC
I like lemonade I suppose
sucked through the end of a hose
but I have my troubles
with dozens of bubbles
tickling the end of my nose


A MOOSE TAKE
There once was a tired moose
who relaxed in his comfy hoose
he kicked off his shoose
sipped pineapple joose
and watched the nine o'clock noose


BRINETEASER
It's alright for you
said the fat sardine
you enjoy the sea and sand
but when I swim
I run the risk
of being caught and canned


AHA
I know I put it somewhere
said God to his friend called Jim
I cannot find the morning
then it suddenly dawned on him

No comments:

Post a Comment