Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 June 2019

MY ITINERARY - BELFAST BOOK FESTIVAL'S LAST 3 DAYS

Available for freelance writing commissions on a variety of subjects including family history, nostalgic Belfast and its famous people, shops, shoppers & shopping, the golden age of Hollywood (esp westerns) and humorous pieces on life's weird and wonderful. Op-eds, columns, non-fiction book reviews too. 

joecushnan@aol.com & @JoeCushnan

......

Okay, here is my itinerary for the next three days, Friday to Monday at the Belfast Book Festival: 

Friday, I land at George Best City around 08.40.

Coffee at The Mac with brother Kevin soon after.

Friday, 3.00pm  Waterstones - The Fantastical Mirror: Science Fiction Across Boundaries. I know nothing much about science fiction and I don't recall ever reading an SF novel. But I am interested in how creative writers think. So, looking forward to it.

Friday, 6.00pm Crescent Arts Centre Common People: An Anthology of Working Class Writers. I am from a working class background but now I don't feel working class. Not sure what class I am, if I am a class.  Strong panel here to enlighten me about writing from a particular background.

Saturday, 2.00pm Crescent, celebration of the Open University at 50. As an OU BA Hons grad, always proud to hear about and be part of this amazing organisation.

Saturday, 4.00pm Crescent, Twelve Thousand Days by Eilis Ni Dhuibhne. Looking forward to this re my own attempt at memoir.    

Saturday evening, dinner with a lot of my family. Can't wait.

Sunday, 12.00 am/pm, Babel at Bullitt Hotel, 'Yes' Molly's Soliloquy, chapter 18, James Joyce's Ulysses - and there's brunch and, cough, a cocktail! What's not to like.

Sunday, 8.00pm, Crescent, Roddy Doyle in conversation with Glenn Patterson. I mean, what? Literary royalty, right there. Excited.

Lots of time in between to spend time with family, old friends, new friends, and just enjoying a world of words and pages and books and associated wonders.

Bring it on. Belfast, I'm coming home.


No comments:

Post a Comment