In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Wednesday, 27 April 2016

ANGER

I carry anger as the flint bears fire, to steal from Shakespeare,
and I don’t agree with Horace that anger is a short madness,
I am more Osborne as I look back in anger for that is where the story is
and I am certain my anger is neither noble nor healthy.

Maybe, prompted by Ginsberg, I get off on an angry fix,
and carry obsession and addiction on this quest for clues.
Maybe I am incomplete and need to be made whole,
perhaps ‘anger is one of sinews to the soul’*.

There are more questions than answers.

There is more anger than compassion.

There is, however, a half-open mind……….



*Thomas Fuller


No comments:

Post a Comment