In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Tuesday, 8 September 2015

JOHN STEWART IS DEAD BUT HE STILL PLAYS GIGS IN MY HEAD


John Stewart - singer/songwriter - The Kingston Trio and solo work. One of my favourites.
September 5, 1939 – January 19, 2008

I deciphered the
Signals through the glass

Traced his
California bloodlines

Talked to
Willard

He said
The lonesome picker rides again

I was blinded by the
Sunstorm

I was deafened by
Cannons in the rain

Intercepted by
Wingless angels

Seared by
Fire in the wind

Retaliated with
Bombs away (dream babies)

Revered by
Blondes

I looked tough as I
Punched the big guy

Relaxed
Deep in the neon

Tallied the
Bullets in the hourglass

Shivered in
Chilly Winds

Remembered Armstrong,
And July, jeez,
She was a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment