Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 May 2019

I WAS GOING TO SUBMIT THIS POEM, BUT NAH. NOURISHMENT.

Available for freelance writing commissions on a variety of subjects including family history, nostalgic Belfast and its famous people, shops, shoppers & shopping, the golden age of Hollywood (esp westerns) and humorous pieces on life's weird and wonderful. Op-eds, columns, non-fiction book reviews too. 

joecushnan@aol.com & @JoeCushna


I was going to submit this poem to a thing but I don't understand the poetry world. So, I'll not subject myself to months of waiting and then nothing. My blog is my bubble.

Nourishment

It’s not all about food and drink, nourishment,
It’s not all about worrying ingredients and calories
And allergies and adverse reactions. It’s not
All about what’s shovelled in and swallowed
And thrown up when food and drink collide,
It’s not all about raw, boiled, steamed or fried,

The heart needs fuel pumped in and the soul 
And the spirit and the mind, a big nutritious bowl
Of optimism, empathy, creativity, enthusiasm,
And dare I use the word without groans, love.
Come eat at the table laden with human kindness
And leave determined to create your own table.

No comments:

Post a Comment