Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 February 2019

OPEN FOR FREELANCE COMMISSIONS

I used to be 3

I am open for freelance feature 
and review commissions.

Please get in touch if there is anything I can do for you.
joecushnan@aol.com

I have these areas of expertise/interest:



RETAILING - all aspects of shops, shoppers & shopping (serious analysis; humour) based on 35+ years in retail management. My book, Retail Confidential (2010) sums up my career.



JOB LOSS - Having lost jobs 3 times in my working life, I condensed the experience of dealing with unemployment, bouncing back and not letting the bastards grind me down into a 'my story' and advice book, Much Calamity & The Redundance Kid: Job Loss, Seriously a Funny Old Game (2012).



GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD - The great movies and movie stars pre-1980, preferably. I wrote a book about the star of Ben Hur - Stephen Boyd: From Belfast to Hollywood (2013/2015).

BELFAST NOSTALGIA - It's my home city and there's many a tale to tell.

NON-FICTION BOOK REVIEWS - Dig around this blog for some of the stuff that interests me. The 'popular posts' on the right hand side might be a good place to start.


Please get in touch if there is anything I can do for you. joecushnan@aol.com

Published  feature work in the past few years includes:

On leaving Belfast

On my father, the stranger

On singer/songwriter David McWilliams

On the golden age of television

On actor James Ellis’s short stories

On my father

On the actor Sam Kidd

On the closure of retailer BHS

On family history

On my runaway father

On examination results and my education

On homelessness and begging

On the Royal Ulster Constabulary

On my mother

On a 1928/29 Belfast tourism guide

No comments:

Post a Comment