In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Sunday, 10 July 2016

THE JOY OF AUTOGRAPH COLLECTING

I have collected autographs on and off for a long time. Years ago, I could almost guarantee a reply from anyone I contacted. These days, a lot of celebrities either don't bother, can't be bothered or just think I'm using autograph requests as Ebay fodder. Truth is, I don't collect them to sell them. I collect them for fun, for the sheer joy of receiving a new autograph in the post.

(I have a 1,500-word feature on this ready to go, if anyone is interested.)

But, as a taster, here's a selection of autographs from my stash.




There are many signed photographs I would have loved to own, especially old stars from TV and film westerns, complete collections like The Magnificent Seven, The Wild Bunch, etc but alas...... Still what I have so far is very satisfying.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a few autographs... Some are in books from when I've met authors, others are signed photos from when I've been to events such a Collectormania.

    ReplyDelete