In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Tuesday, 25 August 2015

JUSTIN WILSON RIP

Racing driver Justin Wilson has died after a freak accident on the track.

In 2003, I had a spare £500 to invest in Justin Wilson plc. As far as I can recall, the plc needed at least 1,000 investors to support the guy over ten years in his chosen career. He had a very brief period in F1 (scoring one point - don't sniff, that is gold today) and a very good career on US circuits.

He seemed like a nice guy. He WAS a racer.

The BBC Sport site gives some background - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/34037413

Justin Wilson was 37, married with two children. He had a risky job.  He was doing what he loved.  He was not involved in the track incident ahead of him but a flying chunk of racing car found him and killed him.

Freakish. We have no idea when the moment will come.

As for my investment, I got most of it back. I didn't give a shit then and I certainly don't give a shit now. It was a bit of fun at the time. I liked him a lot.

Now, a wife is without a husband and two kids are without their father.

RIP sir. I'm sadder than I can say right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment