Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 August 2015

JUSTIN WILSON RIP

Racing driver Justin Wilson has died after a freak accident on the track.

In 2003, I had a spare £500 to invest in Justin Wilson plc. As far as I can recall, the plc needed at least 1,000 investors to support the guy over ten years in his chosen career. He had a very brief period in F1 (scoring one point - don't sniff, that is gold today) and a very good career on US circuits.

He seemed like a nice guy. He WAS a racer.

The BBC Sport site gives some background - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/34037413

Justin Wilson was 37, married with two children. He had a risky job.  He was doing what he loved.  He was not involved in the track incident ahead of him but a flying chunk of racing car found him and killed him.

Freakish. We have no idea when the moment will come.

As for my investment, I got most of it back. I didn't give a shit then and I certainly don't give a shit now. It was a bit of fun at the time. I liked him a lot.

Now, a wife is without a husband and two kids are without their father.

RIP sir. I'm sadder than I can say right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment