Total Pageviews

Thursday 15 April 2021

NEW FOR 2021 - A DOZEN QUESTIONS - SPECIAL GUEST: NESS OWEN

 A DOZEN QUESTIONS

Special Guest: Ness Owen

Ness Owen is a Welsh poet from Ynys Mon. Her work has been widely published in journals and anthologies including in Planet Magazine, Mslexia, Red Poets, Poetry Wales, Atlanta Review, Culture Matters. Her first collection Mamiaith (Mother Tongue) was published by Arachne Press in 2019. https://arachnepress.com/books/poetry/mamiaith-by-ness-owen/  ;
Twitter @ness_owen


Q: What is your favourite word? 

A: First English word that sprang into my mind was 'mottled'. I like the sound of it it. The first Welsh word was 'crwydro' which means to wander.

Q: What is your least favourite word? 

A: Normal.

Q: What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? 

A: I often get inspired when I'm walking. Usually when I'm wandering along - following my nose and mulling over ideas.

Q: What turns you off? 

A: People who like listening to themselves a little too much.

Q: What is your favourite song? 

A: Love Cats - The Cure / Mor o Gariad - Meic Stevens

Q: What is your favourite film? 

A: I seem to have watched 'Paul' an awful lot lately but I'd be quite happy to see it again so I imagine it is one of my favourites.

Q: What is your favourite curse word?

A: I have far too many. I probably say bollocks far too often.

Q: What sound or noise do you love? 

A: I love to hear and try and recognise different birdsongs. 

Q: What sound or noise do you hate? 

A: Grinding teeth.

Q: What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? 

A: I would like to take great photos.

Q: What profession would you not like to do? 

A: Anything that would require me to sit perfectly still. I'm a compulsive fidget. 

Q: If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? 

A: Croeso! (Welcome)

Q: Any words of encouragement for writers and writing?

A: Spend time with your work, believe in your work and support other writers.

Thank you for participating, Ness.


No comments:

Post a Comment