In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Sunday, 28 May 2017

ESCAPE FROM CALCUTRAZ (OFFICE BOREDOM)

This fun poem was written during a very boring stage in my young life when I was an office clerk at the Belfast Corporation Electricity Department's Power Station West - sometimes time dragged and imagination headed towards the surreal.  One day I stared at a calculator and...........


0, 1 and 9
decided on the plan
to make the great escape
but they needed helping hands.

3, 6 and 8
were happy to connive
and they managed to convince
2, 4 and 5.

After much discussion,
with a serious harangue,
7 with reluctance
joined the numbers gang

In the office lunch hour
from a crack under the plus,
the digits made their getaway
minus any fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment