In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Monday, 13 February 2017

TRAILER FOR VALENTINE'S DAY POST

Tomorrow, I will post extracts from Only Drools & Corsets (Funny Poems & Silly Stuff Snout Love, Valentine's Day & Beyond.........)

Here's a taster:

IN THE BRINY, VALENTINY SEA

Even underneath the sea,
Creatures love to play
And indulge in a little wooing
On St Valentine’s Day.

I think I’ve got this right,
As far as I understand,
An octopus’s favourite song
Is “I want to hold your
Hand, hand, hand, hand,

Hand, hand, hand, hand.

FOOD OF LOVE

You,
With the wowser body
And kissable lips,
Are almost as addictive
As sausage
And chips.

You,
With a front and back
On arousing display,
Are second only
To lasagne
Any day.

GULP

My boyfriend swallowed an abacus,
It’s too long to go into why,
He seems a little weird to outsiders
But, though a little bit strange, he gets by.

I love him, I love him, I love him,
I love him in huge amounts,
Whatever this abacus has done to him,
It’s what’s inside that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment