In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project

In Search of My Father 2017 Writing Project
In Search of My Father, 2017 writing project supported by The National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland

Thursday, 1 September 2016

MARK SLADE - BLUE CANNON - THE HIGH CHAPARRAL








I love westerns. My family and friends know that. On any given day, I can choose my favourite western film (okay, that's always "The Searchers") or my favourite TV series (okay, that changes a bit) or my favourite stars (well, that changes too). I loved Maverick, Laramie, Wagon Train, all of them, and the big cast shows like Bonanza and The High Chaparral.

The latter had a great cast of veteran and young actors. And one of the young actors on "The High Chaparral" was Mark Slade who played Billy "Blue" Cannon, protected by his Uncle Buck (Cameron Mitchell) and always trying to impress his tough father, Big John Cannon (Leif Erickson).

Mark starred in three of the four seasons. It was a surprise not to see him in season four and his character's disappearance was never explained, to the best of my knowledge.

He went on to guest star in shows like CHIPS, Charlie's Angels and Cagney & Lacey and in 1985, it seems, he quit the screen and devoted his life and time to art.

He is now 77 and you can check out what he does now right here http://www.marksladestudio.com/index.html

Say hello to him at info@marksladestudio.com

He's on Twitter @marksladestudio

He's a talented man and it is wonderful to rediscover a favourite TV western star from my youth.


No comments:

Post a Comment